On these pages you'll find my collected notes, resources, and curriculum material. Please feel free to borrow, steal, or remix the material here for classroom use in whatever way(s) best suit your needs. (If you cite this material in research, studies, or presentations, I would appreciate the appropriate link/attribution.) Course pages and contracted presentations may be locked to prevent changes during the time of the course or presentation, but I welcome edits to any open pages on the site. However, I would prefer that you register and login before editing to help clarify attributions. Thank you!
- Developing Fluency and Reflection Online - This workshop will consider ways that asynchronous and collaborative writing online can be used to encourage more fluent and reflective writers. We'll look specifically at forums, blogs, and wikis, discuss theories about their place in the curriculum, and consider specific tools, methods of implementation, and evaluation.
- Research 2.0 - (NVWP) notes and resources for using emerging online technologies to improve the research process
- Working with Blackboard - an overview of important points about using forums, blogs, and wikis in Blackboard specifically
- One-Day Tech Workshop - (NVWP) an overview of current issues, applications, and resources as they relate to education generally and the teaching of writing specifically
- Tech4TCs - (NVWP) a series of five workshops for NVWP Teacher Consultants that explores a variety of emerging online technologies, focusing primarily on how these tools can help develop student writing